Translators in your school
Translators who have successfully completed all three stages of training may be invited to run workshops in your school.
If you would like to commission a translator to run a translation workshop in your school, the graduate section of this website can help you find a suitable person in your part of the country.
Why invite a translator into your school?
Translation workshops can:
- show children how language and literature can provide a window into other cultures
- raise the profile of community languages and those who speak them
- increase participants’ understanding of how language functions, improve their creative writing and help them develop clearer and more nuanced English
- ignite students’ interest in modern foreign language (MFL) lessons
- make children aware of the many professional pathways available to young people with language skills
We all had a great day yesterday. Some of the children rushed at me first thing in the playground today to tell me that they had taken home copies of the translated books and shared them with their families. The activity has renewed my determination to run some child/parent workshops to translate more of our school library as it is clear our children really gained a lot from it
Sophy Silverstein, EAL and EMA Coordinator, Granton Primary School